Neurotica Books is currently CLOSED to submissions.
At this point in time, ALL genres will be considered. However, as more material becomes available and common themes emerge, some stories may not be suitable for inclusion and will therefore be considered for future projects.
Science Fiction & Fantasy
Mystery & Suspense
Gay, Lesbian & Transgendered
BDSM & Fetish
All submissions must be received by January 15th, 2012 to be considered. However, all submissions will be read on a first in/first out basis.
2,500 – 5,000 words. The final anthology should be between 45-55K words with a minimum of 10 stories.
We will accept previously published manuscripts that meet our guidelines. You must have ALL the rights to your work.
- Pedophilia. That is, sex between adults and underage characters.
- Necrophilia. Undead doesn't count.
- Bestiality. Sentient shifters, aliens and paranormal creatures are OK.
- Scat or golden showers. Territorial marking may be acceptable in extraordinary cases. Inquire before submitting.
- Rape or incest (as defined by the culture in which the story occurs) calculated to arouse the reader. Villains may commit rape or incest to demonstrate malicious intent, but it should occur in a manner that is not arousing, or offstage. Rape or incest can have occurred in a character's past, but the hero or heroine should never perpetrate rape or incest during the scope of the story. Forced seduction, capture, or dubious consent are acceptable.
How to Submit
Please submit exactly and only the following:
- Author Bio
- Your name and contact e-mail.
- The name of the story you are submitting
- The genre, the premise, and the degree of sensuality present in your manuscript.
Formatting Your Submission
Please follow these simple formatting guidelines precisely.
- RTF files only. Submissions in DOC or in the body of the e-mail will not be accepted.
- Double-spaced. Standard 12 pt serif font. Times New Roman or Courier preferred.
- Emphasis and foreign words must be italicized.
- Include your name, pen-name and contact e-mail at the beginning of your submission.
Send the submissions package to
- You will receive confirmation of receipt within one week. If you have not received confirmation at the end of one week, please inquire.
Author: Amazon allows you to list all contributors of an anthology; however, only one person can be listed as the “Author”. This person will be the one with the most notoriety as determined by the number of fans and published works.
Editing: All potential contributors will be asked to read the contributions of the others. All edits will be tracked within the document and the final edit will belong to the original author.
Release date/formats: Barring any complications, the anthology should be available within six months of the submission deadline in both ebook and paperback.
Royalties: Royalties will be paid quarterly once the initial expenses of cover art and ISBN assignment have been reimbursed. Payments will be made via PayPal unless the amount due does not exceed the fees charged by PayPal. Statements will be sent showing how royalties were earned. Calculation is: Your contribution / Book length = %Your contribution = Profit / % Contribution = Your payment
Rights: Neurotica Books (CJ Roberts) will provide cover art and an ISBN for the ebook and paperback anthology and act as the publisher of the work. The authors work will remain the sole property of the author who wrote it. If at any time you would like your work to be removed from the anthology, please email
to have your work removed and stop receiving royalty payments. No author has the right to publish any part of the anthology that is not specifically their own work.